MEAT FREE BOLOGNESE WITH COURGETTE NOODLES
A delicious mid week dinner that is full of flavour and nutrition. On the table quickly and you may even have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.
Author: Dominique Robertson
Recipe type: Plates & Bowls, Vegan
Y O U N E E D
D O T H I S
- Add the onions and garlic to the hot oil and fry until translucent
- Add the mince, mushrooms, herbs and seasoning and stir
- Add the purée and tinned tomatoes and mix well
- Turn down to a simmer and keep an eye on it for 15/20 minutes
- If it's looking a little dry, add a splash of water.
- Meanwhile, prepare your courgette. Use a spirializer to create noodles with the courgette.
- Once the bolognese has reduced, remove from the heat and put to one side.
- In a seperate pan,add a splash of oil, heat and then throw in your noodles along with a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- You are only really warming them through. They will cook very quickly so just show them the pan.
- They need to retain their crunch.
- Scoop a pile of noodles into a bowl and top with the bolognese.
- OPtion to top with fresh basil and parmesan.